Well, do you? Of course you know, the simple and truest answer is “yes.” You DO deserve love, success and happiness. You absolutely do. There is no doubt in my mind. I couldn’t be more sure of myself than I am in answering that question in the affirmative.
The question is, do YOU believe it? Are YOU sure the answer is “YES?”
I think that is the number one thing that can block the path to love, success, happiness and to creating the life we desire. We just aren’t sure we deserve it.
Why don’t we know we deserve those things? Well, the answer is easy and complicated at the same time. The easy part is that it is all about our beliefs. Our subconscious beliefs. Beliefs we may not even know we have, or if we do, we may not know where they came from or how to go about changing them. And that is the complicated part of the answer. There are as many different blocking beliefs, acquired in as many different ways, as there are people who have them.
The cool thing is that there are a ton of ways you can root out and shift those beliefs. There are methods you can do that involve with working with others and various healing modalities. There are also lots of things you can do on your own!
Here’s some ideas of ways you can start unblocking and shifting this for yourself:
1. Use affirmations. Write them on sticky notes and put them where you can see them. Use them as the background on your phone or tablet or computer. Write them in marker or lipstick or eyeliner on your mirror. Write them out on a paper to start your day. Affirmations can be powerful tools, but they do take a lot of repetition… so don’t be shy! Surround yourself with them!
2. Ask questions. You can turn those affirmations into questions i.e. “How is it that I am so deserving of love, success and happiness?” The thing about asking questions like that (to God or the Universe, or to the air) is that our human brains automatically go into gear finding the answer! So, when you ask the question, you’ll soon be confronted with answers!
3. Ask your 5 closest friends to tell you the one thing they love the most about you. Then, put them on one paper and stick it up somewhere you can see regularly. Tack it up with a pin, or frame it… either way… just make sure you can see it. Anytime you are doubting yourself and your deservedness, go back to the list and re-read it.
4. Start a gratitude journal. Write down 10 things you are grateful for each day, without fail. You’ll soon see how blessed you really are, and that will automatically start to shift the blocks you have, and it will open you up to more and more amazing things!
5. Spend more time doing things that bring you joy! Whether it is a walk in the park, watching something funny, spending time playing with the kids or grandkids, petting your dog… whatever it is that makes your heart feel lighter and the corners of your mouth to turn upward… maybe even makes you laugh out loud… do that. You’ll see that the more joy you feel, the more deserving of joy you’ll feel.
These are all ways you can bring in more love, success and happiness! Because the more deserving you feel, the more self-esteem you have, and the more you recognize these things already in your life, the more you will attract. I promise it’s true!